Overview | March 18 Fix It Forum
THANK YOU for your support and your attendance at the Fix It Forum last week! If you were not able to make it, we sure did miss you. We had an outstanding turnout that opened the door for networking, communication and constructive conversation. A few highlights of the meeting:
New Leadership Introductions
- ECEN Chair: David McNair
- ECEN Leadership Team Members: Djuanna Brockington (ECCO) & Reverend Chuck Watkins (Greater Goodwill AME)
- ECEN Community Coordinator: LaBruce Trammell
Response to letter from ECCO, Meals on Wheels and Habitat for Humanity
- Several churches/agencies already have ministry teams that address some sort of small home repairs for needy homeowners
- Churches/agencies that do not currently have an outreach team are willing to assist
- NEEDS: funding, volunteers, materials, permits and liability insurance
Fix It Forum Response Team
- 11 volunteers to join the team to research and develop initiative
- Focus: prioritize, intake funnel, output, volunteer organization, materials and funding
- First I-Beam graduation class: eleven 5th graders from Jennie Moore Elementary
- Youth Development Task Force: working towards summer programming for I-Beam students
Thank you to all who volunteered to serve on our nucleus team to get everything rolling in response to the Fix It Forum. You will be receiving an email from me this week regarding the first team meeting for this initiative.
Please join us this Friday, March 29 for the Good Friday Ecumenical Prayer Walk in the Old Village. The walk will start at 3pm at Mount Pleasant Presbyterian and will make the loop to visit St. Andrew’s Church, Friendship AME and St. Paul’s Lutheran.
If your church or agency has an ecumenical event coming up, please make sure to send us the details as we would like to help spread the word!