Join Us | Choices 101
Dear Parents and Families, Guardians and Friends:
This is to invite you to a very special event that the Wando School Improvement Council (SIC) is sponsoring on the evening of April 15. Choices 101 is a parent-driven educational initiative about preventing alcohol and substance abuse by our teenagers by being better informed adults. Medical and legal experts alongside a Charleston County School District (CCSD) representative will present timely and useful “must have” information on aspects of alcohol and substance abuse, such as:
- How does substance abuse affect a teenager’s physical development?
- How does CCSD handle alcohol and substance abuse that occurs on school property or at a school sponsored event?
- What happens if my teen is issued an MIP? What is an MIP?
It takes a community of understanding to shepherd our children through the middle and high school years. We invite you to join us with our moderator, Channel 4 news anchor and Wando parent, Dean Stevens, as he leads us through an evening of listening and learning with:
- Ms. Scarlett Wilson – Solicitor, Ninth Judicial Circuit
- Mr. Louis J. Martin – Associate Superintendent for Secondary School Learning Community, Charleston County School District
- Mrs. Sylvia Lee Rivers – Community Outreach Coordinator for the Center for Drug and Alcohol Programs at MUSC
- Dr. Scott D. Hayes – ER Trauma Doctor, East Cooper Medical Center and Trident Health System
Each speaker will present information that will be followed with the opportunity for questions. We look forward to seeing you April 15, at 7:00pm. Choices 101 will be held in Wando High School’s Performing Arts Center (PAC).
We promise, these two hours of your time, will be well spent. We encourage you to make time and plan to attend Choices 101.
Wando High School Principal