Overview | June 3 Fix It Meeting
Thank you to the team at East Cooper Community Outreach for letting us use your conference room space!
FIX IT is a platform to address small home repairs in east Cooper (response to letter from ECCO, EC Meals on Wheels, EC Habitat for Humanity). Small home repairs are under $1,000 (focus on health and safety).
- Wheelchair ramp builds
- Immediate/rapid response team
Wheelchair Ramp Builds
- Operation Home: volunteer builds during the week need certified technical lead
- Lead, 2-3 hands to start project, team of 5-6 workers for project
- Average wheelchair ramp cost: $1,000.00
- Wheelchair ramp repairs
Rapid Response Team
- Meals on Wheels: referral origination
- Quick, small fixes (tarp, broken window, etc.)
- Pilot: ECEN Leadership Team approved funds to kick-start a summer pilot program for Fix It Initiative
- Town of Mount Pleasant and Charleston County: potential partnership for funding, waive permits, etc.
- Potential community partners: Hospice, Hospital (treatment plans that include wheelchair ramps), Community Long-Term Care (Judith Ewing)
- Skill Set Inventory: census of church expertise (certified contractors, plumbers, painters, electricians, etc.)
- Ramp It Team: report at next meeting
- Small Repair Team: report at next meeting
Monday, July 8th at 6:00pm
ECCO Conference Room (1145 Six Mile Road, Mount Pleasant SC 29466)