Overview | August 5 Fix It Meeting
Thank you to everyone who attended this meeting and special thanks to Reverend Crummy and our friends at Greater Goodwill AME Church for hosting us!
Opening Prayer & Welcome
Project Status Updates:
- Completed Projects: ECMOW Porch Repair (Mount Pleasant), Palmetto Wheelchair Ramp Build (Huger), Christ Church Wheelchair Ramp Build (Mount Pleasant)
New & Upcoming Projects:
- ECMOW list
- Bill: site visits to 4 mobile homes
- ECEN Fix It invitations extended to ECMOW church contacts
- ECMOW will submit up-to-date repair list prior to next meeting for discussion/project selection at the September 9 Fix It meeting
- Project recommendation from Six Mile Christian Center
- More information on the home and family
- May need temporary housing
Fix It Process:
- Need formalized process: Incoming, Planning, Outgoing
Skill Set and Resources Inventory:
- Revisions via email from group (deadline: 8/9)
Year One Goals:
- Fix It: 9 wheelchair ramps, $18K
- Rapid Response: 12 projects (1/month), $24K
Supply Contact List:
- Keep running list of supply sources/discounts, etc.
Marketing One Sheeter:
- ECEN website: think about separating Wheelchair Ramp Builds and Rapid Response
- Digital version deadline: NEXT FRIDAY (8/16)
- Who do you know? What connections do you have? Does your employer offer grant opportunities?
- Form Fundraising Sub-Committee: Fix It specific or ECEN wide?
- Do we want 1-2 Materials Coordinators or should they be project-specific?
- Operation Home: Heat Relief – 50 A/C units still available (Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- October 20: Operation Home “Drum It Up” Fundraising Dinner & Auction at Red Drum
Monday, September 9 at 6:00pm
Friendship AME Church – Education Building
204 Royall Avenue